Sandler AG » Our Company » Chronicle
In 1879, Christian Heinrich Sandler founded a wadding factory in Hof/Saale to supply shredded waddings to the upholstery and fashion industries. In the mid 1900’s we ventured into the production of nonwovens, serving our traditional markets and this was the beginning of our development in becoming a leading global player in nonwovens.
Production of synthetic nonwovens commences
Entry into household and filtration markets.
First exports for the garments industry.
First products for the construction and automotive industries
Entry into the hygiene market
Delivery of hygiene nonwovens to Asia
The construction segment is expanded
The household segment is expanded
The original nonwovens factory is dismantled— “Plant 1” is erected
The filtration segment is expanded